So, it is 2010, which is totally ridiculous. And in the spirit of ridiculousness, I will name my top 10 picks for the height of absurdity of the first decade of the millennium.
10. Y2K- We were thisclose to forcibly becoming Amish.
9. 2000 Campaign- We didn't have a president for a long time!!
8. Terrorism and War- Stupid and destructive no matter the reason. And not unique to the decade, obviously.
7. Hurricanes, Tsunamis, and... Chimpanzee attacks.
6. We graduated middle school, high school and college. Weird!!
5. No flying cars- ??????
4. Reality television.
3. Bernie Madoff and the Great Recession. Finally appreciating those FDIC-guarantees displayed in bank windows.
2. Neil Patrick Harris not winning the Emmy in 2009.
1. Twitter. I really don't get it.
Of course, there are other things of less importance that I continue to dwell on- the loss of some beloved TV shows (Friends, Sex and the City, Frasier, etc.), the Brad and Jen split (I can't move past it!), the prevalence of blogs (exhibit A), the disappearance of CDs (whoa!).
But, my coffee mug is half-full today, so I will also provide you with a list of my top 10 moments of the decade that was, in no particular order.
10. Y2K disaster NOT occurring! I <3 modern conveniences!
9. Making new friends but still having wonderful old friends (not that you guys are OLD!!).
8. Living in NYC!!
7. Going to Law School (of course this could turn out to be a very expensive failed-experiment.....)
6. eHarmony- seriously, Evan is a sweetheart. I totally suggest the site.
5. Barack Obama! Regardless of what side of the political spectrum you fall on, the election was legendary
4. A better world image for the US starting to brew....
3. The Wii- it's awesome!
2. Great TV! How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, Ugly Betty, The Office, Community, Parks and Recreation, etc. And all on Hulu!!
1. Honestly, that we all made it through the decade and seem to be happy with where we are in life.
It wasn't by any means an easy decade- there were some seriously hard moments for all of us over the past 10 years, but I am so impressed with where all of you guys are in life. (Ry, Kat, and Laur, if she ever reads my blog). You've proven yourselves to be incredibly strong and remarkable people, and I'm so grateful and proud to call you my friends.
I love you all!
Here's to a healthy, happy, and fun new year!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteThis is a tres bon post miss KT!
Hilarious, clever, oh-so witty, and sweet.
I wish you would blog more often.
My thoughts on this post:
- I don't get the twitter thing either
-I can't believe we did so much in 10 years and graduated so many times-lol.
-you are so uber successful and fantastic, you will have success no matter what you do. (and be making bank afterwards!)
-Speaking of banks-I too appreciate a good FDIC sign these days, it makes me feel safe? ;p
-Eharmony is pretty fantastic too-nothing makes me happier than an eharmony commercial and I'm not even on it!
Miss you KT baby!
I can't believe Ryanne beat me to the punch! Yay for living in NYC! Don't get twitter either--it's way too annoying. Love you!
ReplyDelete