Sunday, September 20, 2009

This is your brain on law school

"I hate babysitting drunks."

This was a text message I received at 11pm the other night from my friend David. Granted, I was a bit tired, but honestly, this was my first thought: You are a horrible babysitter.

And lest you think this is an aberration, I had the following conversation with my father about Evan's parents moving into the building next door to his:

Dad: Oh! That's like "Everybody Loves Raven"
Me: Really?
Dad: You've never seen it?
Me: Well, I've seen some episodes but I don't remember the parents living next door.
Dad: You should watch it, it's funny. The parents come over all the time and it drives the lady nuts.
Me: Oh, you know that sounds a lot like "Everbody Loves Raymond"...OH!!
Dad: What did you think I said?
Me: "Everybody Loves Raven", and I was like, she's 14 and she has in-laws?!

2 days later I realized that the name of the show is actually "That's So Raven". I thought my dad was watching a Disney show about a 14 year old with psychic abilities and in-laws that live across the street.

3 comments:

  1. 1 word: WOW.

    Too much law school for you! Good to know you are alive though- even if you're only halfway functioning! :)
    I need to call you soon! Miss you darling!
    Don't fry your brain too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I'm confused, what does David have to do with Raven? Also, THIS is the most important update you have after months of silence?!?! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring back the blog!
    I miss you and need to know you are still alive.

    ReplyDelete