Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This is it.

As most of you know, I am totally freaking out about starting law school. It is all very scary. As if the bill wasn't bad enough (who knew they could send something so obscene through the mail?), I just spent $623.68 on books. For the first semester. Several of which are used. And this is the price after I painstakingly searched the internet for cheaper books. This combined with a 20 hour workweek maximum that might even prove too many hours are causing me to hemorrhage cash.

That being said, after spending over $500 on books and taking out a loan for $17,000 (which I really hope will be approved), I'm in this law school venture for the long haul. Because if I were to drop out, or get bad grades, etc., I have NO WAY to pay back the money I owe, and no other career interests. None. No desire to get a Masters, or a PhD., and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to pay back the money I know in the time it takes to study for entrance exams and apply to schools.

So lets hope that I am cut out for this career path, because this has to be it.

On the bright side, now that all my books are purchased, I'm starting to be slightly less nervous and a little more optimistic. I mean, like, a teensy bit more optimistic, not a lot.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I believe in you KT baby! You can do it!
    Besides, my theory on debt is once you're in why get out right? I think sometimes when it gets to a point where it is impossible to get out you might as well just live it up right? Who cares about bad credit- they'll still give you a credit card anyway. :) (j/k- I really don't believe that but it's a tempting idea of thought). I miss you- You'll do great and make it through law school excelling as usual. Plus you'll find some amazing job that pays millions and you'll be able to pay off all your loans in like 6 months. It's totally doable. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Deep breath. You're going to do great--you always do. I'm excited for you! Good luck! Love K

    ReplyDelete