I know! I never thought my plans would rely on the outcome of a football game either, but here I am. So if the Jets win tonight, I am accompanying Evan to the great city of Indianapolis next weekend. It's a dream come true.
Lest you think, wow, what a great boyfriend, he's taking you on vacation, I must explain the context of the invite. He only invited me because we were playing Wii Tennis the other day, and for some reason, he decided to grab my stomach and say "awww you do have a bit of a belly".
There is something seriously wrong with men. Even if I had 12 chins, that comment still wouldn't be okay. Besides, it's winter and the extra fat is there to protect me from perishing of hypothermia. Yeah!
Feeling lucky to live another day, he apologized and asked if I'd go to Indianapolis with him if the Jets win. I know what you're thinking... this hardly makes up for it. L.A., Vegas, SF, even Boston, maybe. I've never been to Indianapolis, so it could be great, but at this point I'm still pretty pissed at him. But this is a recession, after all, so I don't think I can bargain his egregious misstep for a better vacation ; )
So, Friday I may or may not be in Indianapolis. Please compile a list of souvenirs you'd like from there just in case!!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ummm...so, what are the Jets? And where is Indianapolis anyway? Hahaha...I'm totally ignorant. Hopefully you get your mini-break! Although, does it mean you have to see a game there?
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw the title of your post I thought this was in reference to west side story.
ReplyDeleteApparently not.
Jets= Football?
;)
have fun.