Not to be repetitive, but what the hell is wrong with men?
You'd think that meeting them on a dating site would imply that they were interested in dating you. Apparently this is not the case.
I was supposed to see this guy I've been dating for over a month, lets call him X, who finally had 2 days off in a row, Sunday and Monday (Monday being today). Friday he texts me: "Looking forward to Sunday Monday so we can hang out." Guess what? It's Monday and I haven't heard a word from him since.
And so begins the sordid tale of my recent dating experiences.
Then there was P, who would invite me to fancy events and never follow through. One of them was to be at the Met Museum, a very black tie event for which I would need a very black tie, floor length dress. He said, it's in 2 weeks, I'll send you the information, let's go together. I said, I will have to get a new dress. He said, it's gonna be fun!
That was 2 months ago. The dress is hanging, unworn, in my closet. He still texts me, but never mentions the party and never asks me out.
And lets not forget K, who frequently goes on vacations to LA and Tahoe, texting me about once a week. You would think that someone who was interested in you would make damn sure that you wouldn't run off and find someone else why they were "hanging out" 3000 miles away.
Not to be an asshole, but I can't understand why men feel that I am so terrible that they must cut off all contact with me all of the sudden. I'm not clingy, I'm not mean, I'm decent looking, and someday I may have a job with an actual income. I'm not exactly sure what it is that will prevent them from fleeing into the night and, apparently, tossing their cell phones into the bushes to better ignore me with. Heaven forbid I should send them a text to inquire about their continued existence after not hearing from them for 3 days.
I realize that it's a slippery slope down bitter highway, and as such, I am refraining from contacting any more men until conditions improve (meaning, the urge to punch every man I see in the face has subsided).
Males of the world, the jig is up. In the 21st Century there is no excuse, short of your own death, not to contact someone you're interested in, particularly when you've established some semblance of a relationship. Please have the courtesy to at least send an "It's not you, it's me" text message.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's not you KT, it's them.
ReplyDelete;p
Time to ditch eharmony and try another site?
My Dad enjoys LDSsingles if you are interested.
Maybe a good mormon is what you need?
p.s.
It's a shame about your dress.
p.p.s.
ReplyDeleteAt least you have a date with the gothgirls this week right?
I guess some things haven't changed...
haha.