As you guys know, my sweet little Minny passed away about a month ago.
Minny was 16 years old, and the best feline companion and friend that anyone could ask for. I remember the day she arrived. My aunt and uncle brought her to our house. I remember being 6 years old and seeing this tiny little creature, all ears, come out of her cage and run straight into a cabinet, shaking with fear. After much coaxing, Minny eventually came out of the cabinet and became an integral part of our family.
I have very few memories before Minny. She was there when my parents were together, when they got divorced, and through all my best and worst moments. She always appeared regal, and could not be bothered with kittenish play. It was easy to forget that she was a cat, except that she loved her shrimp and ham. She was like a shrimp savant. If there was shrimp in the house, she would stand in the kitchen and stare at my mother until she got the hint. If Minny was declined shrimp, she would meow until someone finally gave in. I hope there is shrimp in heaven.
She had her routines too. In the morning, when my Mom would wake up, Minny insisted on sitting on her shoulder while she watched tv. She did this everyday for many years. In the summer, she liked to sit outside in the sun.
And when you were sad, she'd come and sit next to you, and purr against your leg. (If you had a fever, she'd offer her sympathy by sitting directly on top of you, because, hey, it was a really warm place to sit).
She was always gentle and patient.
She was the most wonderful, most beautiful, and the best kitty girl there ever was. We all miss her terribly.
Here's to you Minny. We love you!
http://picasaweb.google.com/katherine.lenahan/MinnyVideo3?authkey=Gv1sRgCI6gzd305p_qtAE#5542584057861157410
Friday, December 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was sad to hear the minny news- my deepest sympathies.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you decided on the minny post and that you finished her montage- I'm sure she is pleased.
Such cute pics of you and sean when you guys were little- you look so much like your mom!
Sad that everyone's childhood pets are dying- I hope Minny and Junior find each other one day. ;p
Glad to see you're keeping busy. Montage videos and all.
See you in a few weeks!